[opencms-dev] Migration's questions

Malu malupolo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:50:42 CET 2018

Hi all,

For a long time now we have been managing a large-scale project with
OpenCMS 7.5.4. Now we are analyzing the possibility of upgrading and
migrating our site to the last versión of OpenCMS.

This migration involves a great effort and thus we have an especific
analysis phase. In this matter we are thinking if its worth moving to a
higher version of OpenCMS (like 10.5.X) if you guys are going to release
soon the brand new 11th version with changes in the working model.

Because of this, we have the following questions:

Is there a release date for version 11?

Would it be convenient a first update/migration to 10.5.x and update later
to the 11 one?

Is there much difference from 10.5.X to 11 ?

On the last OpenCMS days you guys talked about a future version of OpenCMS
which would be different from the rest (OpenCMS Next Generation). Regarding
this project, is it parallel to version 11? ¿Does it have compatibility
with the rest of versions?

Thank you so much in advance for tur read and time